Education & Certifications
- B.S., St. Cloud State University
- M.D., University of Minnesota
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota
Family Medicine, United Hospital
American Board of Family Medicine
Memberships, Awards & Special Appointments
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians
Awards, Recognition & Special Appointments
- FAA-appointed Senior Aviation Medical Examiner for Class I, II and III exams
- Reviewer for the journal American Family Physician
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi, Phi Lambda Upsilon and Gamma Sigma Delta honor societies
- Recipient of multiple research, academic and service awards
Special Medical Interests
- Family medicine
- Non-operative orthopedics
- Sports medicine
- Chronic disease management
I am active as a parent in Valley Athletic Association and my children’s schools. I am a member of Church of the Risen Savior, active in the Apple Valley Rotary Club and ringside physician for mixed martial arts and boxing events.
Why did you choose this field of medicine?
I chose family medicine to help people throughout their lifetime, practicing a wide breadth of medicine and proactively preventing disease rather than practicing solely reactive medicine. I also enjoy being on the front line of allopathic medicine.