Education & Certifications
- B.A. in biology/chemistry, Augsburg College
- Nursing, College of St. Catherine
- M.S., nursing, Walden University
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Certified bariatric nurse
Memberships, Awards & Special Appointments
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Minnesota Nurse Practitioner Association
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- American Academy of Urgent Care Medici
I am involved with charity and spiritual events at Saint Thomas Academy mother’s club. I also enjoy spending time with my husband and three boys, staying active outdoors and traveling, as well as watching our boys play hockey and lacrosse.
Why did you choose this field of medicine?
Family medicine enables me to address the needs of the whole patient and develop a long-term trusting relationship with each one. I enjoy seeing patients of all ages from diverse backgrounds. I also embrace the breadth of knowledge family medicine requires of me. This challenges me to continually keep up to date on evidence-based practices.