Education and Certification
- B.A., St. Xaviers College, Mumbai
- M.D., TN Medical College, Mumbai University
Nassau University Medical Center, New York
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Sleep Medicine
Memberships, Awards & Special Appointments
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians, Fellow
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Fellow
- National Association of Managed Care Physicians
Awards, Recognition & Special Appointments
- Chief Medical Officer, SomnoMed
- President, Minnesota Sleep Society (2015-2017)
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota, Division of Pulmonary Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
Special Medical Interests
- Sleep disorders, including sleep apnea, insomnia and narcolepsy
- Respiratory disorders, including asthma and COPD
- Teach at University of Saint Thomas
Why did you choose your particular area of specialty?
Pulmonary disease is a complex and fascinating area of medicine that I was drawn to early in my residency. My experiences with mentors in residency and fellowship solidified my interest and enabled me to have a rich experience in treating all kinds of respiratory diseases. Sleep health is a reflection of a patient’s overall health and impacts every aspect of his or her life. I find treating sleep disorders extremely satisfying and believe in involving patients in their own care.
What’s special about the Apple Valley Medical
The ability to work collaboratively with a group of independent, highly motivated and skilled primary care physicians and bring a new specialty that enables expansion of the comprehensive care model to the practice is an exciting opportunity.