Education & Certifications
- B.S., Evangel University
- M.D., Des Moines University
- Firelands Regional Medical Center
- American Board of Family Practice
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Life Support
Memberships, Awards & Special Appointments
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Family Physicians
Awards, Recognition & Special Appointments
- Osteopathic Residency Advisory Committee
- Children’s church small group leader
Why did you choose this field of medicine?
I chose family medicine because I love getting to know the entire family: kids, parents, grandparents. I like to see a variety of people and conditions from all age groups. I never know what’s going to come in the door. Every day is different. I also think it’s important to prevent disease as much as possible and make sure people keep up to date with their checkups and screenings. I think generalists/primary care physicians are important because we treat the whole body and know how all of its part connect and interact.